Friday, April 8, 2011

Please Excuse the Construction

I haven't settled on a permanent design for my blog yet... though it's getting there.  One thing I just learned how to do was to make my blog   w  i  d  e  r   overall.  Notice how the gray strips on the side are smaller?

For those of you that have Blogger blogs (I like saying that, haha) you know that the Template Designer provides an easy way to change the size of your blog under the "Adjust widths" tab... and yet the widest setting still wasn't as wide as I'd like.  And it seemed that some other blogs out there ARE wider then the widest setting...  Hmmm.

I knew that anything the Template Designer can do can also be done through html coding (plus more!) but that's something I have noooooo knowledge of.  So I searched "how to adjust width of entire blog html code" on Google and found this site on my second click.  Exactly what I needed to know!

I made the change to 1200px... but widening Claremont Avenue has messed with the original alignment of all its content.  Eek!  This means I now need to go through and correct everything little by little.

I hope that you will forgive the messiness while I work to correct everything!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christie!

    thanks for following :) I love your light reburbish project, can't wait to see what else you do :)

    Becky

    ReplyDelete